What To Do if Your Metal Building Needs Repairs
- Evaluate the Damage: The first step in finding out what repairs you need to make is to see how extensive the damage to your metal building is. In most cases, severe weather or flying debris will only cause dents or scrapes, but very strong winds or impacts could cause more damage. Make sure you thoroughly check the whole structure, inside and out, for any signs of damage.
- Take Photos: It’s always a good idea to keep a record of any damage done to your property. You may need it for proof for your insurance company, a contractor, or your building’s manufacturer. Sometimes pictures can also be used to determine the extend of the damage done.
- Check Your Insurance Policy: Many (but not all!) homeowners insurance policies cover damages to exterior buildings and structures such as metal storage buildings or carports. Check your policy carefully and determine whether your insurance might cover the damages. If they do, it could be worthwhile to file a claim.
- Get a Quote: Even if your insurance policy doesn’t cover your steel building, it’s a good idea to get a quote from a contractor or metal building supplier before signing off on repairs. Make sure you take a look at their estimate, too; most metal buildings have interchangeable parts (which makes them extremely easy and inexpensive to repair compared to other materials), so you should see which ones the contractor thinks need to be replaced.
- Fix Your Structure: Repairs to your steel building should be quick and painless, especially if you go through the same contractor that you ordered the building through originally (since you can then guarantee the parts and workmanship are the same).
And that’s it! Once your building is repaired, it should be ready to face many more years of adverse weather and other hazards while protecting your valuable property.
To learn more about Bargain Barns’ metal buildings and structures, visit our homepage and browse through our inventory of customizable carports, sheds, barns, and buildings. Or, follow us on Facebook and Google+ to get the latest updates on our products and services as well as special offers!
Do you have questions or are you ready to order?
Call us today at (888) 607-4060. We will answer any questions you have & help you select an affordable, quality steel product.